The Academy of Make-up Limited
93 Hope Street
Tel: 0141 248 4393
Company No: SC397360
The provider ‘The Academy of Make-up Limited’ is a private make-up artistry and hair styling Academy based in Scotland. We provide fast track training and masterclasses as well as make-up kits/products from Sara Hill Make-up. The terms “we”, “us” and “our” refer to The Academy of Make-up Ltd.
You can pay for a course either in full, using our Instalment Plan (5% interest charge applies), or pay a deposit (at least 20% of full course fee) with the remaining balance due no later than 14 days prior to course commencement.
All course prices stated include UK VAT at the current rate.
Course prices may change at any time, but changes will not affect bookings already confirmed.Full Payments
10. You can pay your course fees in full by debit card, credit card, cash, cheque, PayPal or bank transfer. Booking a course with the intention to pay fees in full can be done via our website or over the phone via our card machine.Deposit’s
11. A deposit for a course is at least 20% of the full course price.
12. If you wish to put down a deposit to secure your space, the remaining amount must be paid no later than 14 days prior to the course commencement date.
13. Deposits are non-refundable in any case.
14. Where a deposit has been held due to a cancellation, the client has 3 months from the cancellation date to transfer the deposit payment on to another course booking. Deposits can only be transferred once.
15. Signing up to our Instalment Payment Plan is a legally binding contract. Once you have signed up to our instalment plan through GoCardless you must complete your payments in full, and on time, with no exception. Failure to do so will result in legal action taken against you.
16. A fixed interest fee of 5% is included in our Instalment Plan. This means you will be charged the full course price plus 5% extra and payments will be spread into monthly instalments.
17. First instalments of a course payment plan act as a course deposit and are non refundable.
18. As of October 1st 2016, when using our Payment Plan, we must receive 80% of the course fees before your course start date. For example, if the Payment Plan was spread over 5 months, we would need to receive 4 monthly instalments before you could attend a course, therefore you would be looking at booking a course 4 months in advance from date of securing your space.
19. Payment plans cannot be altered in any case.
20. Where notice to cancel a course by the client is given to The Academy of Make-up in writing up to 28 days before the start date of a course, The Academy of Make-up will refund any sums paid by the client less the deposit (20% of full course fee) and any fees incurred from the booking, which will be retained as an administration fee.
21. Where notice to cancel a course by the client is given to The Academy of Make-up in writing less than 28 days prior to course commencement, The Academy of Make-up will only refund 50% of the total sums paid.
22. Once you have started your course unfortunately we cannot substitute any days missed due to any reason.
22.1. If, before booking a course, you have told us about a day on the course you will miss we will try our best to swap you on to the next available date, however we cannot guarantee another date will be available. We can only offer one catch up date and it is up to the student to try and attend the date offered.
23. You must attend 90% of your course in order to receive your certificate from our accreditation body.
24. It is very important that students maintain good timekeeping and attendance whilst training, as would be expected in the industry. Tutors cannot be held responsible for information missed due to lateness or absence. If continued lateness or absence occurs, a verbal then written warning may be given, continued failure to comply may result in removal from the course.
25. Full attendance and full payment of course fees does not guarantee that you will receive your certificate upon completion of the course. You must work hard and complete all assessments successfully.
26. Our aftercare is open to all students and comes in different packages depending on what course you take with us. Please see our website on what aftercare packages we offer.
27. Work experience is for Complete Pro and Pro students only and we cannot guarantee aftercare to those graduates, although we try our best to do so. Most of our aftercare is based in Glasgow or Edinburgh areas.
27.1 Other students may be offered work experience should we need a large team of artists, but this is not guaranteed.
28. The Academy of Make-up is not responsible or liable for any loss or injury occurred during work experience hours, or for any loss of money for travel for any reason, including but not limited to, last minute cancellation of an event.
29. Events are subject to change and availability this may be out with our control.
30. Graduates must have public liability insurance to take part in our aftercare programme. We cannot be held liable for insurance purposes for graduates on work experience.