Website Terms and Conditions
Website usage terms and conditions
The term ‘The Academy of Make-up LTD’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Suite 315-317, 4th Floor Central Chambers, 93 Hope Street, Glasgow, Scotland, G2 6LD. Our company registration number is SC397360. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
At the Academy of Makeup, we’re committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This Policy explains when and why we collect personal information about people who visit our website, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure.
We may update this Policy from time to time to reflect changes to our privacy practices or for legal, or regulatory reasons so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes. By using our website, you’re agreeing to be bound by this Policy. The information is held by the Academy in accordance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation 2018, and more specifically Articles 12 to 14.
Any questions regarding this Policy and our privacy practices should be sent by email to email@example.com or by writing to Suite 315-317, Central Chambers, 93 Hope Street, G2 6LD. Alternatively, you can telephone 0141 248 4393.
Who are we?
We’re the Academy of Makeup, we are the number one elite makeup academy in Scotland, winning 'Best Training School' at the Scottish Hair and Beauty Awards. Our team of freelance tutors are renowned industry experts. The Academy of MakeUp is a registered limited company limited by guarantee (no.SC397360). The registered address is Suite 315-317, Central Chamber, 93 Hope Street, G2 6LD.
How do we collect information from you?
We obtain information about you when you use our website, for example, when you contact us about information about courses and products or when you make a booking to one of our classes or if you register to receive one of our newsletters.
What type of information is collected from you?
The personal information we collect might include your name, shipping and billing address, email address, digital identifier such as IP address, and information regarding what pages are accessed and when. If you make a booking online or purchase a product from us, your card information is not held by us, it is collected by our third-party payment processors, Shopify, who specialise in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions, as explained below.
How is your information used?
We may use your information to:
- process orders that you have submitted;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and us including communications between students and teachers as part of our aftercare program;
- seek your views or comments on the services we provide;
- notify you of changes to our services and as part of our aftercare program, we will email you work experience opportunity that has been made available;
- send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you such as competition we are running. These may include information about courses, promotions of our associated companies goods and services.
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory obligations. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
Who has access to your information?
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties.
We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
Third Party Service Providers working on our behalf:
We may pass your information to our third party service providers, agents subcontractors and other associated organisations for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf (for example to send you mailings). However, when we use third party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own direct marketing purposes. Please be reassured that we will not release your information to third parties beyond the Academy of Make Up for them to use for their own direct marketing purposes, unless you have requested us to do so, or we are required to do so by law, for example, by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime.
You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive information from us. If you do not want to receive direct marketing communications from us about our exciting products and services, then you can select to unsubscribe from our mailing lists.
We will not contact you for marketing purposes by email, phone or text message unless you have given your prior consent. We will not contact you for marketing purposes by post if you have indicated that you do not wish to be contacted.
If you wish for us to erase all personal data we or our third parties have collected from you, we will follow through with the request upon reception.
You can change your marketing preferences at any time by contacting us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone on 0141 248 4393.
How you can access and update your information
The accuracy of your information is important to us. We’re working on ways to make it easier for you to review and correct the information that we hold about you. In the meantime, if you change email address, or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please email us at: email@example.com, or write to us at: Suite 315-317, Central Chambers, 93 Hope Street, G2 6LD. Alternatively, you can telephone 0141 248 4393.
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information the Academy of MakeUp hold about you (we may charge you for information requests) to cover our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Security precautions in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of your information
When you give us personal information, we take steps to ensure that it’s treated securely. Any sensitive information (such as credit or debit card details) is encrypted and protected with the following the third party website Shopify. When you are on a secure page, a lock icon will appear on the bottom of web browsers such as Microsoft Internet Explorer.
Non-sensitive details (your email address etc.) are transmitted normally over the Internet, and this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems. Where we have given (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Use of 'cookies'
It is possible to switch off cookies by setting your browser preferences. Turning cookies of may result in a loss of functionality when using our website.
Links to other websites
In addition, if you linked to our website from a third party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third party site.
16 or Under
We are concerned to protect the privacy of children aged 16 or under. If you are aged 16 or under‚ please get your parent/guardian's permission beforehand whenever you provide us with personal information.
Review of this Policy
We keep this Policy under regular review. This Policy was last updated in April 2019.