NEW Pro Makeup Course Aberdeen
All the skills you need to become completely fluent in makeup
This course covers all the skills you need to become completely fluent in makeup, from stunning bridal and smokey eye looks, Hollywood Red carpet and Celebrity Makeup, Instaglam current trends, Creative festival looks, magazine editorial and catwalk-ready techniques. You’ll even finish off the course with an amazing photoshoot experience, where you’ll work with a professional photographer and top agency model to kickstart your portfolio.
Sound amazing? That's because it is! Become a pro makeup artist by training with the best in the business, working with professional products and learning in a supportive, inspiring, fun and creative environment.
On top of what you learn on the course, you’ll also join our illustrious Aftercare program. During this Now Seven-month period of additional support, we’ll provide you with work experience opportunities, as well as the help and advice you need to make the best possible start in your new dream career. We’ll provide you with advice on making it as a freelancer and one to one guidance and support with those sometimes-tricky first steps. With your accredited certificate, you can apply for public liability insurance, makeup artist discounts and much much more.
You’ll leave equipped with the confidence and skills to become a professional, freelance makeup artist and get started in the industry of your dreams straight away.
This course will take place at our Aberdeen studio: The Light Studio, Suite J, Woodburn House, 4/5 Golden Square, Aberdeen, AB10 1RD.
You can pay the course in full, secure your space with a 20% deposit or use our Instalment Payment Plan. To find out more, contact us by phone 0141 248 4393 or email email@example.com.
- You will receive one of our beautiful 20 x piece luxury brush sets at the start of the course and we provide all of the cult makeup products for you to train with, so there’s no need to bring anything with you; we have you covered
- Students also receive a goodie bag, notebook, pen and surprise kit building extras you will love
- 7 x months of aftercare, our unbeatable aftercare gives you experience at fashion shows, TV work, film, music videos, fashion photoshoots, bridal shows, music festival teams, commercial campaigns, hair shows and assisting with other amazing artists and tutors.
- Exclusive brand masterclasses and seminars
- Exclusive discounts with incredible brand
- Kit building lists, help and advice with products throughout
- Welcome booklet packed full of amazing information on starting your business, marketing, branding and connecting to your clients
- A step-by-step, jam-packed course book with everything you learn on the course to take away and revise in your own time
- We are all about continual development at TAOM which is why we give our graduates exclusive discounts on further training.
- Access to our exclusive TAOM family Facebook club, where you find essential advice on all things makeup, product launches and recommendations, as well as lots of paid opportunities throughout the UK.
- Photoshoot day! No-one else offers the stunning quality of portfolio images we do, our photographers work at the top of the industry; we give you the opportunity to work with a signed agency model and the chance to show off your new amazing skills to the world. The standard of portfolio you receive puts you years ahead, giving you the best start to making money in makeup.
- With our student Helpline, we will be with you every step of the way. Call us anytime Monday to Friday for a chat as we love to help; that is why we love what we do
- This course is accredited by BABTAC (British Association of Beauty Therapists and Cosmetologists) which is a UK wide recognised certification.
Day to Day
This course runs over eleven days; week one is the Foundation course and week two is the Advanced course. See what you’ll learn day to day below.
Suitable for: Beginners and Intermediate level
Duration: 11 days. Available weekdays or weekends
Cost: £2,375.00 inclusive of VAT
Day One: A flawless base is first step to any makeup look, which is why we’ll get started with skincare and skin analysis, colour correction, professional brush techniques and foundation application. We’ll also take a look at theory and good hygiene practice.
Day Two: Build on your base with an understanding of face shapes and how you can use contouring, highlighting and blush techniques to define them. Then, we’ll move on to lip correction and the perfect red lip application.
Day Three: Maximise those eyes with skills to help you achieve perfect arched brows and beautiful eye makeup application, including eye shadow texture theory, and applying single and full strip lashes.
Day Four: Gain an insight into the world of bridal makeup, starting with the all-important consultation and client care. Then we’ll build up to creating a complete bridal look, based around flawless, dewy skin.
Day Five: Amp up the glamour with this session on the perfect evening makeup look. We’ll cover smoky eyes, full strip lash application, the perfect liquid liner flick and how to create a beautifully blended eye look with sparkle to suit all of your clients.
Day Six: Hollywood Glamour/Celebrity Makeup. Kick start your week with that beautiful red carpet look that’s always in demand. Working with 1950s-inspired styles, we’ll show you how to to bring that vintage elegance up to date, for your clients that love the classics. We’ll cover a bronze smokey eye, eyeliner flicks, building a flawless, natural glow and mastering a stunning, timeless red lip.
Day Seven: Current Trends/Instaglam. Social media is the birthplace of beauty trends so it’s time to get up to speed with those selfie-worthy new techniques which clients can’t get enough of. You’ll learn the Instagram-inspired cut crease, how to work with multiple colours and what it takes to become a master of blending. Build on both your technical and creative abilities, for looks that get likes.
Day Eight: Fashion Creative/Festival. You’re called a makeup artist for a reason! Let your artistry flow and your imagination run riot with this creative and experimental makeup masterclass, with a focus on eye looks. As well as techniques, we’ll help you understand where and when you might use these out-there styles.
Day Nine: Magazine Editorial. Want to make it in magazines? We’ll provide insight into how fashion editorial works and what editors want from a makeup artist on set, before teaching you how to create those beautiful, understated editorial fashion looks suitable for shoots in your favourite glossies.
Day Ten: Fashion Show. The runway is where beauty trends are born, which makes it an exciting place to be; but it’s hard work! Today we’ll get up to speed with the latest catwalk trends in beauty and learn how top runway makeup designers work, what inspires them, and how they turn those ideas into trend-setting looks.
Day Eleven: Photoshoot Day. Put everything you’ve learnt to the test with a real shoot, working alongside a top fashion photographer and model. As well as learning on-set skills, you’ll also walk away with two finished images to start off your professional portfolio.
Additional Information: You will receive one of our beautiful brush sets at the start of the course and we provide all of the products and equipment for you to train with, so there’s no need to bring a kit. Students also receive a notebook, pen and course notes.
This course is accredited by BABTAC (British Association of Beauty Therapists and Cosmetologists). Students practice on each other throughout the course in order to gain experience working on a variety of skin types, tones and face shapes as well as understanding from a clients point of view. Dress code is casual; we recommend flat shoes. All students will gain a certificate upon completion of the class.